Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tom Drives the Rubicon Backwards!

Seems like I go 4-wheeling every weekend now! I wish. This weekend, Justin and I went "backwards" through the Rubicon trail in his Jeep. "Backwards" means we started near the West shore of Lake Tahoe and headed West from there.

Now comes the craziest part of our trip....I drove the entire trail! Justin gave me the key and said "You're driving." WOW! Now that's a friend.

I drove over huge boulders, up and down steep granite slabs, slammed the Jeep into rocks, and put the tires into the air on occasion (not a good idea).

Here's a picture of me going over a section of large boulders:



I had the funnest time driving this tough trail. Many people breakdown and we were lucky enough to never have a serious problem.

Me starting to climb some granite:



Dozer the Dog came with us:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom, I am so glad you made it on this trip. And thank you for not destroying my $40K dollar Jeep. I had a blast riding shotgun. You impressed everyone including me with your rookie skills.....overwheeler!
I will remember these trips forever!
Thanks for helping out with Dozer too.