Friday, August 08, 2008

With this ring I thee wed...

.
.
"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love..."

My brother in law, Mike, told me after the wedding ceremony that he never takes his wedding ring off. He has only taken it off one time. He told me to never take it off.
.
.
"I will forever wear this ring... "

So... Sarah and I are snorkeling in Maui...on our honeymoon.

Sarah and I decide we are done and head in towards the beach.

I feel my ring slide off of my finger as I'm swimming.

I look down to see if I can see it fall. I don't see it fall. I catch a glimpse of something shiny on the sand below. I dive down about 15 feet to the bottom, but I can't see it. I get air and continue diving until I realize it's gone. The current in the water keeps moving the sand around. After a few minutes, I know I will have to tell my new bride, who was smart enough to take her's off before swimming, that I lost my ring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lost your ring? Now you have to have a do-over. Invite us all to the winery again. We will re-enact the whole evening.