Monday, September 29, 2008

Sarah's 25th Birthday!

PARTY HERE!!!
Sarah turns the big 25 today. My young wife is going to live it up today...as soon as she gets up from her after school nap!

So, here is what's going on now:

I got the cake making supplies, gifts, and champagne. Sarah got home at 1pm from school today. As you know, professors make people sleepy, so she didn't fight it and took a siesta. While she slept, I was down stairs baking and decorating the cake with Blackberry the cat.

I was inspired by the television chefs to make a cake that people can only dream about. However, I think I may have lost something when I purchased a Yellow cake with fudge swirl Betty Crocker mix at the store today. So, I mixed it up, threw it in the oven and BAM!, it was ready to set for an hour and cool. A good time to get the mail and pet the cats.

Like I said before, I was inspired to make a great cake for her. I wanted a double decker cake. I think I knew how from a story that Sarah told me of her dad making them in a similar way. I took the cake and cut in two, put a layer of frosting in the middle, then applied the top.


(It looks like the cat made it doesn't it?)

I then, trimmed the edges and took to frosting the entire cake with the remaining chocolate fudge frosting.

I added some decorative icing to it, then some candles...



I will post pictures of our celebration later tonight.


Happy Birthday Sarah!


No comments: