Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Beef Wellington, Part 2

The last time I made this traditional English dish, I didn't get it quite right. It was good, but the meat was a bit tough and the seasoning was a little too light. So, this time I need to tweak a few things.

For starters, we got the best fillet mignon cut of beef from a local butcher. I added more spices and fresh garlic. It turned out great.

Here's what I did...

First, I seasoned and seared the meat, then set aside to rest.

Then...
Plastic wrap down.


Parma Ham


Mushroom puree spread onto ham.


Mustard covered beef fillet placed on yummy stuff.


The meat and coating is rolled up and chilled


Puff pastry is spread out.


The meat is placed into the center of the pastry dough, then egg wash is applied to edges.


The dough is folded.


The pastry is egg washed and scored, then ready to bake.


It is done...Beef Wellington!


2 comments:

An Eavesdropper said...

Very pretty. How'd it taste? The tweaks work?

Tom said...

Adding a bit more thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper did make it more delicious!