Saturday, June 10, 2006

First week is gone

I survived my first week!

I run lots of chemical tests every day and have a lot of paper work to complete.

This business is all about quality assurance and compliance with state and federal regulations.
So everything I do has a log to enter the data and calculations, and duplicates of many are done.

It has been a good week. I really am learning a lot about the waste water system and the amount of testing that goes into running a plant. I have a lab and office to myself, except when other people help me (which is very welcome since I don't know what I am doing yet).

I like the atmosphere here because I can step outside and get some fresh air when I need it. If I need exercise, I can take a walk or ride my bike I keep there. I move around a lot in the lab experiments and tests on samples and standards.

I am looking for an apartment here. I have found some nice ones, but they are $900 a month for rent! So, I have decided to look in a different area where they are cheaper. I am going to look at one tomorrow in Lincoln, which is near my work. They want $725 for a 2 bed room.

Wish me luck on finding a place.

I miss my Sarah who is leaving for Washington D.C. tomorrow. She will be on the opposite side of the country for the summer. I know she will have a good time and hopefully, get a great job offer from it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fresh Air? At a poop factory? Is it even possible for it smell worse inside than outside?

Tom said...

Response to Anonymous:

You are the poop factory! We just try to take your poop and make it clean.

Bill said...

"a two bed room"

Two beds in one room? Oh, it's California.

Anonymous said...

Potty mouth!

Anonymous said...

When you are in the wastewater industry, farts smell like money.