Wednesday, January 28, 2009

24

Tick-tock... tick-tock...the minutes are counting down as I have only 24 hours left at my current place of ill-employment. My days of hydrocarbon testing are done, for now.

I am leaving the "poisoned" attitudes behind. Good thing too, I was just starting to run out of all the things I needed to do my job! I gave my two-day notice yesterday and had my exit interview today. The HR gal asked me questions like, "What are the top three reasons you are leaving the company?" Uhmmm...I don't want to die! Well, I did come up with some short answers, but I tried to leave it behind without making a big deal about it. Companies like this get what's coming to them. The county is currently changing it's "laws" to be able to regulate "Gross Polluters" and other companies like this one.

So, I am moving on. I have to go in tomorrow to work, but I don't have any projects to work on. The last day at places is always strange. I don't see things the same. I will probably go and say goodbye to some of the guys. One person in particular, a fella named Nate, he started the same day as I did. We went through company orientation together. He also just gave his notice to leave the company to take a job with the state transportation department, Cal-Trans. He leaves this Friday. We almost made it through the probation period, but in this case the company didn't last it's own probationary period.

Goodbye...

...to a company that has a blank web site
...to a company that spills more than babies
...to a company that when you look it up on the Internet, you say WTF!
...to a company that never noticed I was there



I guess, when they hand me my final check, I'll just go.


Now here is a salute to this "great" company:










No comments: