Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Best Beer in the World!



This has been a good week so far, and it should only get better. While I am suffering from a cold, I am above it.
Work has been very interesting. At my job, we are starting up a new wastewater plant around the antiquated or old plant. One plant is complex enough, but starting up and running two at the same time is challenging. I love it! I am running all around the plant checking this and that. The computer control system says one thing but in the field it may be different. The best part, aside from the challenge, is that I am on almost equal footing with the experienced guys. At this new plant, they about as much as me when it comes to operating it. For example, I had heated discussions with experienced co-workers about how to operate a system within the new plant. I was trained on it. I started it up and showed them what we all had learned in training. Then they said, "Fine, then you run it" and they walked away. So I operated this unit for the day until it was operating well enough to run on its' own. I enjoy interacting with the engineers and solving issues as they come up.

To top off a good day at work, I shared my latest home-brewed beer with the wife. I designed a mild Scottish Red for our trip to Arizona. She is reluctant to taste my many concoctions (with good reason), but bravely tried it. She took a sip and said, "That is the best beer in the world!" Well, at least that is what I heard. She claims that she said, "That is the best beer you have brewed." Whatever, same difference.

This week, we planted some tomato and thyme plants.

Finally, we are off to New River, Arizona tomorrow for a weekend at Sarah's Aunt's. It is in the desert where humans are not made to live. The only thing out there is coyotes and people who like to watch them chase roadrunners.


We will be treated to mud-oven baked pizza and live entertainment (me). We will drink homebrew, eat, and be merry. It seems more like a retreat than some one's home. I will visit my Dad as well in the Phoenix valley.
Only one more day of work...

1 comment:

Manwhalo said...

Update?
How was the trip?