Monday, June 15, 2009



I am baking an enchilada casserole right now. The house is smelling yummy about now.

Last week at work, I have been working hard. I dug a ditch, did some plumbing, trouble shooting a new system we use for thickening wasted solids, and computed rates we would waste solids. I climbed down a 20 foot ladder into a water tank and cleaned "muck" out of it. I got dirty! I loved it too.

The weekend was great! The weather was perfect...California perfect.

Sarah and I attended graduation for her friends at Cal Poly. After, we went to a reception at Edna Valley Vineyard. With appetizers and bottomless wine glasses, I had more Chardonnay than I should have in a day.

Saturday evening, some friends visited from Sacramento and they stayed overnight.

Sunday was a great day. We ate breakfast at a cafe here in Nipomo. Our friends drove back north towards Sacramento. Sarah and I now had the house to ourselves. We played with the cats then, like the cats, took an afternoon nap.

When the evening cam, we headed to Shell Beach, just north of Pismo Beach. We went to look for migrating whales off the coast. We sat on a cliff, looked out onto the Pacific and watched a pod of about a dozen whale mothers and their calves swim past.

Most likely we saw grey whales as they migrated north. We had binoculars and got a good look at some. We watched to group swim off as the sun set.

No comments: