Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Ahhh, Thanksgiving is finally here. All the preparation and planning is coming to head.

This year we have guest coming over for a feast. My Uncle Dan and Grandmother are dropping by to eat. The meal is being served at 1pm, so the bird had to go in early, at 9am. Well early to me. The turkey is an eleven pounder, so the anticipated cooking time is about 3 hours.

The bird...


I got a new digital dual probe thermometer just for this (and homebrewing of course). So I sterilized the probes, stuck them into the disease covered bird, and now I am ready to watch the temperature rise! I wasn't sure where to put the probes, but since I have two of them I placed one in some place near the thigh (whatever that is) and the other in the breast (I know what that is). I figure I can take the square root of the average and it should be close enough. Well, actually the wife will have gotten out of bed by then (noonish) and taken over all cooking decisions. I'll be watching football and entertaining guests.

(See the two black wires coming from the bird below?)


The favorite part for Sarah is the Pecan Pie. She made it yesterday and it is ready to eat!


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: