Friday, November 28, 2008

The Visitors

I am sitting in the kitchen waiting for my a new batch of pale ale to cool down for fermentation.

It has been a busy week here in the Johnson house. I have been working the oil refinery job every day, but we also have had some guests. A friend, Adil, flew out to visit from Kansas. He was a roommate of mine. He is going to medical school in the Caribbean this January. He wanted to see California, since he never had. It was funny because he is not used to having mountains around, so he was taking pictures of them off in the distance. We went to the beach a couple of times and ate fresh crab, halibut, and other fish. He found a sand dollar. We watched surfers at Pismo Beach. I showed him "real" California things like beaches with "Shark Attack" signs and building that you could die in during an earthquake. See pictures below:




Two days ago, Adil flew back to Kansas as my Dad was driving here from Phoenix. So now my Dad is here. Yesterday we had a classic Thanksgiving dinner that Sarah made. It was great! Today, we went to Solvang, a Danish village near here. I'll put up pictures soon.

No comments: