Monday, September 07, 2009

Wow! What a great, long, and productive weekend! I had three days of fun, relaxing, and even some chores got done.

On Friday nights Sarah and I find ourselves at a weekly gathering of Cal-Poly MBA students and professors. They call these wine-socials Hobnobs*. We drink, talk, and enjoy good food and drink.

*Hobnobbing: ORIGIN (in the sense 'drink together; drink each other's health): from archaic hob or nob, hob and nob, probably meaning 'give and take'.-The Concise Oxford Dictionary

On Saturday, we went to San Luis Obispo for Brews and Bites. The local beer breweries were having a little party.

Sunday, we rotated the tires on Sarah's car and did, well, nothing else productive, although I find relaxing very productive.

Today was a holiday. I brewed a batch of beer, an American style pale ale.

For dinner, I made something I had been wanting to try, Beef Wellington.
This English dish is a common entree on Gordon Ramsey's Hells Kitchen TV show. I don't think I have ever had it. So I looked it up and I found the recipe and a 2 minute video on how to make it. Mine was not as pretty, but it was yummy and almost as easy as he makes it seem.




Beef Wellington Recipe:


The video and recipe come from a show called the F-Word broadcast in England. The recipe and video are from the British TV station, channel 4.

Some of his recipes are found at the site below:

No comments: