Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Another 13.1 mile run!


I just got done running another 1/2 marathon in Phoenix, AZ. The P.F. Chang's Rock and Roll Marathons are AWESOME! My time was 2 hours and 29 minutes. That is 11 minutes and 25 seconds per mile. A little slow for a person my age. My step-father, Bill, also did it in just under 3 hours. Also, he is 69 years old!

It felt so great this year. The weather in the Phoenix valley is so great in the winter compared to the Midwest states. I placed 10,772 place. There was about 20,000 other 1/2 marathons runners.

The 1/2 marathon world record was broken by a Two-time Olympic gold medalist, Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia. He did it in a mere 58 minutes and 55 seconds.

I was only an hour and a half behind him!

Well, maybe with a little training next year...

No comments: