Wednesday, January 25, 2006

IPOD ME

It was the early 1980's and I used my first Apple computer. It was an Apple IIe. It was in the computer lab at my school in California. We used these funny floppy disks and were told not to put them into toasters. I spent my spare time after school learning to use these computers. Several years later, I became a MAC addict.

Then Apple faded away and I became a PC person. The user Windows interfaces were nice and the world changed. My world became a non Apple/MAC world.

Years later, after I thought the Apple company was a fossil, I own an Apple product. I recieved an IPOD shuffle for xmas (Oops, I mean CHRISTmas). It is awesome! I load it up and run, walk, work, or chill. Apple made it back into my life and many people.

I watched an interview with a Sony (i.e. bulky Sony Walkman) executive. The interviewer held up an IPOD and said, "What did this little guy do to you?" The Sony Man blushed and said, "Yeah, we really missed the boat on that one," in a serious understatement. Now I have some Sony Walkman fossils.

So as I am tapping my foot to some latin hip-hop, grooving to Bob Marley, or strutting to Ella Fitzgerald's "Baby it's Cold Outside", I will try not to be rude and act like no-one else exists to me.

1 comment:

Bill said...

What is embarrassing is singing Enter the Sandman on an airplane.

Take myyyy hand! We're off to Never Never Land! dun duh duh duh DUH, dun duh duh duh DUH, dum dum dum dum!

Rock on, Garth!