Friday, February 17, 2006

The Great Backyard Bird Count


I like to watch birds. I am not an avid bird watcher, but I do enjoy watching them as I am outdoors or looking out a window at my feeders.

This weekend, February 17-20, is the Great Backyard Bird Count. Click on the link if you want to count the birds in your yard for a few minutes on Sunday or Monday and submit the data to a national database. Monday the 2oth of February is the last day. Check out the site to find out how to submit your data.

Anyone can do it. I have about twenty species that frequent my home feeder here in Missouri.

Besides, the Olympics are a bit boring since the snowboarding is done. So, you might as well turn off the TV take a look out your window for the rare Dodo bird or two.

Happy birding, and I'll post my count of birds, because I know you care! Hah hah.

No comments: