Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Tornado Alley

After three thunderstorms with the tornado warnings in town, we are definitely in tornado alley. To some we are on the edge of tornado alley, but we are definitely in it. I enjoy the severe and strong storms that come through the Midwest. Being from Northern California, I didn't see these interesting "in-your-face" type storms. So, one of my hobbies is to storm watch. I have bad luck chasing storms. I once missed a tornado by a minute because I drove too far. But, I go out nonetheless and pursue that great picture or view of an interesting storm.




Last night we got 6.91 inches of rain in only 6 hours. More storms around tonight such as the lightning picture taken above.





If you call me and I don't answer, I might be under the house in my storm bunker riding another tornado out.

No comments: