Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Rain Fraud

I think I am under investigation for rain gauge fraud. You see, I received an email today from a climatologist in Missouri. He was "concerned" about my 6.91 inch rain gauge observation I reported to the National Weather Service in Springfield on April 24th.

I seems my data was an anomaly. Some other gauges in town only got about 5 inches, so I am "rain gauging" outside the box. Crap! At least I am not saying there will be a 40 percent chance of 5 percent of the area getting 80 percent of the rain...then they get none! I am giving a precise measurement with a gauge approved by them. Jeez.

How am I a suspect if the world record rainfall occurred at Holt, Missouri on June 22, 1947 when it rained 12 inches in just 42 minutes? I AM IN MISSOURI...home of the world record.

So maybe tomorrow without a cloud in the sky, I will report 12.5 inches in 41 minutes just to break the world record! I will be famous!

I will probably receive a summons to appear in court charged with rain gauge fraud. Have you ever been to weather prison? I hear it's bad or at least there is a 20% it will be.

No comments: