Saturday, May 27, 2006

Houston

I am in Houston, TX. I have been here for a few days and have aew more. I am staying with my girlfriend's family. They are one interesting family. Several things are happening, some are the reasons I am here.

I came here because we needed to bring Zoe the cat to her summer castle. So Zoe will be watched by Sarah's parents. Her dad, Bill, will be keeping track of her and letting us know what she is up to with short stories on Zoe's blog site: http://thecatnamedzoe.blogspot.com/ .

I also came here to see Sarah's brother, Chris, graduate from high school. My University graduation was in a hot, muggy gymnasium with bad sound and a speaker that I only wanted to stop talking. He was unknown to the students, and likely unknown to most watching before they fell over from heat exhaustion.

In contrast to my graduation, this high school graduation will probably put my University ceremony to shame. It is in the year-round air conditioned Toyota center, home of the Houston Rockets basketball team. It has a serious sound system and box seats. It already sounds more inviting then my own. We go tonight.

Regardless where it is, the graduates don't care. They just want to get it over with, get the fake diploma, and leave to the after party. It is here you really feel like you accomplished something.

I still am not quite sure what it means, but I get to move on. In my case, to a new environment, the professional environment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting family?? What, you couldn't spell bizarre?