Saturday, May 20, 2006

I Graduated!

I Just Graduated!!! May 19th, 2006.

I had some great parties over the weekend. I had many of my friends and family attend a BBQ in my honor yesterday, Saturday. This post-graduation party was so great. I had my friends, sisters, girlfriend, parents, nieces and nephews all there to wish me luck. People came from San Diego, CA and Houston too see me. I could not have better friends and family that support me. I had a great time and the gifts they gave me were more than generous. Thanks everyone for coming!

I have accepted a job in Rocklin, CA. It is a laboratory analyst position. My job will be to run daily tests in a waste water treatment facility. Below is good summary of what I will do:

My Job Description: Conducts a variety of physical, chemical, biochemical, and bacteriological tests and analyses associated with water and/or wastewater systems; performs field sampling and analyses; prepares and monitors flow-through bioassay; operates and maintains a variety of laboratory equipment, instruments and probes; prepares bacteriological media, chemical reagents and standards; cleans laboratory glassware; keeps laboratory records and prepares laboratory reports.

I have a lot a hard work ahead to learn about all of this. I have started my own pre-training for this job. I have been reading everything I can get about the treatment process. I want to learn the overall processes so I am not so overwhelmed when I start. I was real lucky to get this position and I can't wait to start. I will leave from here in Missouri on about June 1st or 2nd. I plan to start on June 5th or 6th. Since I have never driven 1850 miles, I don't know exactly how long it will take.


California or Bust!

No comments: