Monday, May 15, 2006

JOIN OUR SALES TEAM! (or don't)

I get emails almost everyday now from companies wanting to hire me after seeing my resume on some site like Monster.com or Careerbuilder. However, These are NOT companies I want to work at. They are sales jobs in financial or insurance services.

I get a laugh out of the way they try to snare me in to their web of the Sales-Zone. Here are some of the funny things they say in the emails:


"I think you have many of the qualities we look for..."

"...we hire only the best agent candidates"

"50/50 advertising assistance " WHAT? Only half the time??

This is the BEST one...
" ...we require no upfront investment and actually pay you to get your career started!" Now that is amazing! You pay me to work, WOW!

" First year earnings can range as high as $100,000" YEAH RIGHT

I love these people. They are what make the world go 'round, kind of like centrifugal force.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hafta get a job where they pay you to work? I want a job where they pay me NOT to work!