Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pismo Beach

Sarah and I went to Pismo Beach for the annual clam festival. I was disappointed with the lack of clam food varieties available. I saw clam chowder and steamed clams...that's it!
I went to see (or eat) interesting clam dishes and neat ways to cook them. One lousy clam chowder stand at the BIG clam festival???

Needless to say, I had a foot long hot-link style hot dog with sour-kraut instead of any clams. No clams sprinkled on top, just some mustard to go with it. So I decided to make it an October-Fest celebration instead. I ate the hotlink, then had a beer. I think it was Sierra Nevada's Harvest Ale. It was strong and hoppy, like I like my women.
Sarah and I walked the beach and had some fun swinging a swing set. We have a couple of beaches we like to go to and swing at the beach. It's therapeutic if not just fun! I like to see how far I can jump off the swing. I get sand everywhere!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A new look! Nice.

No raw clams? They're even better'n raw oysters.