Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Week of Surprises

This coming week holds a few interesting possibilities for me.

I have two job interviews. I do already have one, but lets say I am looking for more.

My current job leaves a lot to be desired.

I am interviewing for a wastewater plant operator for a city, then the other is a wastewater laboratory analyst, grade 2, with a county.

My current job is one strange place.

I was hired with the title "Chemist", yet I am a materials strength technician more than anything. The job description for the position said "Must have experience with common organic laboratory instruments such as HPLC, GC/MS..."...WHICH THEY HAVE NONE OF! No problem, I like learning new stuff. Of course, I didn't take this job because I was going to make a career of it.

Anyways, I am looking forward to a new job in a new city.

No comments: