Sunday, August 16, 2009

2 Weeks, No Wife...

Ok, so I just dropped her off at the airport. The wife will be gone for 14 days. Sometimes I like to bachelor it up, drink beer, and eat crappy food. Since I do that while she is here, I think I will change it up a little bit.

I recently saw the movie Julie & Julia. It inspired me to cook all the recipes in the Julia Childs cookbook. I rushed to Border's Books to pick up a copy, but they were out of copies. So, I formed a back-up plan.

My plan is to NOT eat out for two whole weeks. I must make all my food. I know it's crazy! I know I shouldn't do it. It won't be easy.

I made a trip to Trader Joe's and the non-hippy grocery store. I have what I need for about a week or more of meals. The cats have decided to not allow me to cook for them, so they are having their normal food.

Tonight I am making pizza from scratch.


1 comment:

auntie said...

You big liar!
But really, you should try Julia's 20 sec. omelet. So easy, so fun! (we'll make them on your next vist)